Planning and writing your content can get unwieldy if you don’t have a plan. Follow these 4 defining steps to keep yourself on target and get your website going!
- How does your website help your visitors?
- What do you want your website to do for you (or your business)?
Newsletters, Giveaways, Free Offers
- Will you be building an email list on your site?
- Why would someone sign up for your newsletter? What’s in it for them?
- Will you be offering a compelling incentive to visitors in exchange for their email addresses?
- If yes, how will this be of benefit for them?
- On a scale of 1-10, how exciting is your offer?
- Hint: If it you answered less than 7, you need to rethink your giveaway
Planning your pages
List each page you will have on your website and answer the following questions for each one.
- Page Name
- Purpose of this page
- Is the content written?
- Will there be an image on this page?
- Do you have your image or an idea of what you want?
- Where do you want your visitor to go next, what do you want them to do?
Sidebars and Footer areas
If your design has sidebars and/or footers consider the following:
- What types of information, graphics, or features will be in your sidebars
- How will each section inspire your visitor to take the action you desire?
- How will each section move your message forward?